I have launched a competition for all primary school children in Loughborough, Shepshed, Barrow upon Soar, Sileby, Quorn, Mountsorrel Castle and the Wolds villages to design my 2020 Christmas card.
All pupils in primary schools in the constituency are invited to take part, and I am looking forward to receiving lots of submissions from across the constituency. The winning entry will feature as the design of my card alongside the name and school of the winning pupil. These cards will be sent to many hundreds of local residents, community groups, and businesses right across our community.
Some ideas for the design could include:
- A local snowy scene;
- A picture of Parliament at Christmas; or
- A picture of friends and family celebrating together in Loughborough
Entries will then be judged by me and my team, and a winner picked shortly after the competition closes. The cards will then be printed and will go out at the beginning of December. All designs will be displayed in the windows of my constituency office.
I'd like to ask all local parents, carers and guardians to encourage their child to get involved with this competition. There are some budding young artists in the constituency, so I very much look forward to judging the entries!
Rules and how to enter
- Entries must be A4 (portrait) and coloured in pencil, pen or paint (no glitter!)
- Entrants must live in or attend primary school in the Loughborough constituency.
- Please send your design to me to my constituency office at: Jane Hunt MP, 18 Pinfold Gate, Loughborough, LE11 1BE with your name, age, address, and/or school clearly marked.
- Parents/carers/guardians can also email their child's entry to me email@example.com, including your name, age, address, and/or school.
- All entries must arrive by Sunday 15th November 2020.