This page will be updated when appropriate. Last updated 11 August.
Over the past few months, I have received thousands of emails from local residents about all aspects of the Government’s response to Covid-19.
I recognise that this has been a particularly difficult time for everyone and so I am pleased that the Government has established a dedicated webpage which provides a wealth of information about:
- protecting yourself and others;
- applying for a test;
- local restrictions;
- financial support for individuals, businesses and other organisations;
- working safely;
- school openings, education and childcare;
- international travel and immigration;
- driving and transport in the UK;
- healthcare workers, carers and care settings;
- health and wellbeing;
- housing and accommodation;
- volunteering and offering help; and
- what to do when someone dies.
The Government also keeps it webpage on what people can and cannot do up-to-date to reflect current restrictions.
In addition, there is a range of organisations which have provided information to assist local residents during this time:
- The NHS has published advice on the symptoms of COVID-19 and how to avoid catching and spreading it.
- Age UK has produced a guide about Covid-19 for older people and has a Call in Time initiative which is a free telephone friendship service for people 60 and over.
- Charnwood Borough Council has published information on changes to their services, as well as community and business support. It has also launched Charnwood Community Action offering support with shopping, medicine delivery or a friendly chat over the phone.
- Leicestershire County Council has published information on changes to their services, local restrictions, shielding and test and trace.
- The Money Advice Service has published advice for those experiencing financial hardship because of COVID-19.
- The Federation of Small Businesses has created a Coronavirus Information Hub which contains guidance for employers, as well as government and general business advice.
I remain committed to supporting local residents and so, if having read this information, you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest COVID-19 News and Updates from the Government
As and when the Government releases news and updates on COVID-19, the live feed will update below.